The hard facts about life abreast me that preordained life sways upon us and no amount of our prayers works against what is already decided. Though what is decided is the best of all, and we get to know it later in life, what we lose is always precious. No matter what we get in place of that, it can never fill the void.
Watching the rain today and looking up at the sky, I am grateful for whatever the Divine has showered me with. But what I truly desired at points, and He did not listen to, I verged on the prayer mat, cried myself to sleep, and he did not answer me, did not heal me when my desires were not fulfilled; each step took me towards atheism.
It all helped break my trust in God, rendering possible the belief that He does not exist; and if He does, He is unconcerned with our wounds.
Everything I read about Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, and Sam Harris is now making sense to me.
He created the possibility of wasting all my hard work; He solely belongs to the Elite. The world works on unfair principles, or perhaps, no principles at all.
~Zara M.
Comments
Post a Comment