Dear Heart,
I am happy to know that we share the same world, exist within a similar time and space. Our paths through time may move in different directions, but the space we inhabit is the same.
It is the one constant of the world that time changes and things take their turns. I am unaware of what our future holds for us; I have never expected an intimate forever with you, only all my tomorrows. I believe it is an upright decision to hold you within me and beside me, with no expectations, no control or imposition, and no losing.
Creatures like you have become exceptional to find. As fortunate as I am to share seasons with you, I am not so wishful as to clench my fist so tightly that the sand escapes between my fingers.
You are a free bird, fly and chirp all around; I am here to admire your every turn.
With a heart full of you,
~Zara M.
Comments
Post a Comment