Dear Heart,
Sweet Pea
I see us as part of the same literature we both equally admire. If I tell you honestly, the fantasy I have carried throughout my life while reading English literature, I now see quietly coming to life.
Today, reading Emily Bronte, beneath an open sky, in pleasant weather, all my mind could think was that there is someone in my life who shares the same love and taste for literature as I do. If I tell you honestly, all my life, I had always believed that French and Italian literature leaned more towards reality and deserved admiration for that, while English literature belonged to the countryside, romance, longing, and separation.
As life moved forward and you found your way into my seasons, it finally clicked why English literature has captivated hearts for generations. It fills life with life, gives ordinary days their own poetry, offers seasons to cherish, and teaches us to find meaning even on the descent from the hills.
As the literature fades into sleep,
Bye.
~Zara M.
Comments
Post a Comment