Dear Heart,
Reading Dante today, I am reminded of the idea that knowledge has limits but love does not. Though he celebrated reason to a great extent, he also recognised its limits, and that it was not fully enough to understand reality. Beyond a certain point, reason must yield to love. For a moral life, intellect is indispensable, yet love remains equally significant, for when one loves rightly, it becomes a path that leads the soul toward God.
I realise how paramount fondness is in our lives, yet how often we avoid it in the hustle and bustle of living. Our age has leaned so heavily towards intellect. Many people reach remarkable heights of intellect, while failing to recognise what fondness can quietly do for us.
Much of medieval Christian thought speaks of finding God through the path of love. How beautiful this idea is, resembling the spirit of Sufism of Islam, where love, too, becomes a means of drawing nearer to the Divine.
I have always adored such concepts where tenderness is cherished and where writers walk with love and God, both side by side.
It is in my absolute consciousness that the tenderness my heart keeps for you has led it toward God, because nothing in this world holds the power to mend what is broken, settle what is unsettled, and mould what seems elusive.
I wanted to pass along the reflections today's pages left within me.
Until my next read,
~Zara M.
Comments
Post a Comment