Dear Heart,
Jellybean
Grandma passed away.
It feels unbearably heavy to write to you with a burdened soul and languid eyelids. I find no one with whom to share my grief. I have remained present for everyone, yet no one seems present for me. I am not complaining, just telling you. Expectations have always remained distant from me, but being human, there are moments when the heart still aches.
Her love has remained the purest I have ever known, a love I know I shall never find again. Who will stand beside me now? Who will defend my wrongs with the same unwavering affection?
Society feels painfully selfish. People have become unbothered by one another; sometimes it feels as though humanity has quietly failed.
I am writing with trembling hands and tears that refuse to stop falling. I do not know how much more of this I can bear.
Until I find my footing again,
~Zara M.
Comments
Post a Comment