Dear Heart,
Pumpkin
October is here: the fall season, crisp leaves, and winter waiting just around the corner. I cannot quite find the right words when it comes to unraveling autumn and the "ber" months. If I tell you honestly, the beauty of this season, its colours, and the aura of these months, intertwined with the memories of you, are all breathtaking.
Each morning, watching the rain-soaked leaves shimmer in the quiet aftermath of the storm, beneath the faded sunlight, my coffee calls your name. I exert myself beyond measure to conceal your thoughts, but your imprints on my soul have claimed a life of their own.
Sorrows aside, I find pleasures in your thoughts alongside my cup of coffee and bites of croissant. You are nearer than you have ever been.
Perhaps that is the strange mercy of memory; it keeps what time takes away, and makes the absent feel almost within reach.
~Zara M.
Comments
Post a Comment