Skip to main content

What Melts in the Night

Dear Heart, 

Marshmallow

As Halloween month is here, with cold nights and warm days, bright sunlight and endless heavy nights, the sacred weight of my devotion is deepening to the core. I speak to you with my soul, and my heart overwhelms at night in front of the moon. The stars witness the watery bulbs in my eyes that resist, to the core, coming out. 

You are still a marshmallow in my hot chocolate. Each sip still tastes like you. These nights, stretched into eternity, and the winds dancing, bringing vibrant night colours to the sky, all recall you. 

A mug of hot chocolate on this night, and the memories of what I once considered to be true, are all I am left with. Watching the hours swallowed by darkness and the shining stars, I leave a small door open for hope that one day, the chocolate will be smoothly melted, with extra marshmallows and cream on the top.   

Until then, I will keep one marshmallow aside for you.   

~Zara M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Under Sapphire Skies, We Were Infinite

The night before today, I encountered a fantasy about us: you and me, under the sapphire moonlight, tiny, vivid, glossy stars, a sight of the ocean with a light wind, soothing sand under our feet, my fingers tightened into yours, eyes displaying each other's reflection, tousled hair, uneasy breath, so merging into one another's souls as if making us one; we were weaving an endless memory of being one. Wind is singing our song of love; the universe is witnessing us being trove of love and the devotion and tenderness we are radiating, both to the world and to each other's souls. The ocean, with its dark energy, is astonishingly dancing with its waves to make our moment of being one feel whole; the night sky is unfolding its beautiful colours to shape an idyllic moment of happiness, and we are delightedly holding each other's image while pushing the pressures of the world to their limits, admiring each other to the utmost. ~ Zara 

Fragments from The Private Cosmos III

You existed in me longer than you ever did beside me. As his image appears, something inside me ignites; the world seems to pause, like moonlight suddenly spilling over the earth, soft and silver, and everything grows still just to witness his rare breath. Few images on this earth are rare enough to spill silver into the soul, and yours is the one that lingers in mine. Loneliness is not empty; it is filled with you. ~ Zara M.

Where Confessions Never Bloomed

 Dear Heart,  My silences have always stifled my emotions. I have always restrained what my heart has felt; my hesitant heart has made me loosen the grip over several of my desires. On this day, when I encounter numerous layers of thoughts where our souls drift toward separate tides, I recall how joyous I have felt with you and how strongly I have remained gripped to your soul all along. A voice that questions its own echo seldom dares to become a confession. It leaves its deepest concerns in silence, and stillness, believe me, has a way of distorting everything. ~Zara M.