Dear Heart,
Summer Comfort
Writing today to tell you that each time the sky calls me, it asks me about you. Painted heavens, sapphire serenity, and sun-soaked blues have all become my companions, knowing more about you than I remember telling them. I admit, I at times falter when it comes to human connections, but I am very well acquainted with sharing moments and personal diaries with nature.
Putting my thoughts on paper beneath a summer sky, it witnesses how you have remained my comfort this summer. Finding you between my sentences, opening my heart and soul to you, is such a solace the world ignores.
I sometimes wonder: what if writing had never been invented? What would have become of me, as I cannot speak of it all to you?
Fearful of being judged, and more than that, fearful of losing you as a good companion.
Always happy for you, wherever you are, nearer to me, absent from me, yet still close to me.
Glad you gave me gentle summer afternoons, enjoying the luxury of reaching you through words.
Have good summers.
With quiet affection,
~Zara M.
Comments
Post a Comment