Memory is the time that stays,
It sees us as we grieve in our own states,
The memory of your passing is still fresh,
How you left me crying behind your flesh.
You did not stay to see how it would affect the life I live afresh.
I was the one most loved by you;
Now there is none to see me through.
Reflections of a lifetime spent beside you
Have all reduced to echoes after you.
A love like yours, purer and softer,
Is nowhere to be found since you.
You drifted away, choosing the easiest,
Leaving me to the company of only tears,
Rolling down my cheeks every night since May 27
Deepening my silences to the core edge it was never,
If there is a way back to ever... (I wish.)
Your favorite granddaughter is grieving since ever.
I look each night to the skies,
Hoping you are watching over me from the heavens.
Forever your granddaughter,
~Zara M.
Comments
Post a Comment