Dear Heart,
I know you wait for me to write to you; here I am again. Let me tell you today that your absence has found a way into my days; they have become immersed in you. My pages wait impatiently, wondering when will I write to you again. This is the moment I feel like having a real conversation, telling you how the hours have felt unfamiliar without you.
Words fall short whenever I am to write about a face made of quiet sunshine; when your prettiest smile widens, it awakens flower buds, and the colors it scatters all around are hard to capture in words.
I consider you the equal of a sunflower, beautiful in your own way, carrying sunshine in your pocket. I can find thousands of ways to tell you that my seasons have learned your name, my dawns rise with thoughts of you, every character in my book resembles you, and my whole world leans towards you alone.
Until the sky writes again,
~Zara M.
Comments
Post a Comment