Dear Heart,
As Mahmoud Darwish writes, "We suffer from an incurable malady: Hope," I believe it is yet a small ray of light in a world where gloominess sways over. Though hope keeps a person in limbo but cynicism and melancholy are far drier and more desolate, causing nothing more than grief and tribulation.
With the passage of time and through philosophical reading, I have learnt to find meaning in suffering, and that suffering is hope. The buoyancy to believe that life can take recantation at any moment provides a unique level of comfort and shuns much of the distress of life.
I still hold onto this quiet faith that light is here, and I need only raise my soul high enough to see it. Your permanent absence is still witnessed with strong faith; though the heaviness intensifies at times, grace remains poised.
I dream of my beacon turning into reality, one day.
~Zara M.
Comments
Post a Comment