Dear Heart,
The Sturgeon Moon this August holds something of you. I have witnessed several full moons in my life up until now. There is an Indian tradition of Sahasra Chandra Darshan, where it is believed that by the time a person reaches eighty, they have witnessed a thousand full moons. More poetically, a life of eighty years is a life beneath a thousand full moons; how beautiful is that.
Seeing August's full moon today makes me wish to experience what Indians truly believe and live by the moon. And I wish to witness it under the same sky with you; though apart, but together in our hearts.
Deeper still, the moon today is so exquisite, just like the soul I once witnessed, and that could not leave me since then. Today, my heart urged me to observe the moon in its quiet passage beside you. As your presence is fully ingrained into my soul, it is tremendously difficult to look at something this beautiful without finding traces of you in it.
As long as the moon shines,
Bye.
~Zara M.
Comments
Post a Comment