Dear Heart,
There is a Japanese saying: Cold tea and cold rice are bearable, but cold looks and cold words are not.
The same is what I firmly believe. Pure hearts deserve the purest form of love but if it remains distant, I am convinced that letting go is kinder than carrying what was never ours to endure. A time comes when stars cease to shine, flowers wither, and even the brightest mornings surrender to dusk.
Writing today reminds me of all the letters I have burdened my heart with over the years; I could not allow myself to abandon the thoughts, even when they lowered my sense of worth. I remember one night when the moon seemed to whisper to me after witnessing my thousand restless nights to surrender to fate, and loosen my grip on what was already beyond my reach.
With the last bite of my cheesecake, it all comes down to this: sometimes, bitter words and vacant stares, though unintentional, reach the deepest corners of the heart, where healing takes ages.
Leaving a piece of my heart here,
Bye.
~Zara M.
Comments
Post a Comment