Dear Heart,
Sugar and Sunshine
My heart smiles as it hears your name. Sitting alone today in pleasant weather with my two constants: you and black coffee, I find myself thinking about how destiny first brings people together and then pulls them in a hundred different directions. I believe time is everything. Perhaps our time was written to be short, but memorable.
You cross my mind so often; with each bite of my cinnamon roll, it is thought of you I am swallowing. And I have heard that whatever you think of while eating finds a way of manifesting.
The evening is serene today, your absence is what I feel the most. My heart has been quietly calling for you. But then I remember that our caramel conversations are always there, and I continue sending these words your way.
Until the coffee gets cold,
Bye.
~Zara M.
Comments
Post a Comment